Library Collection Services
Permanent Withdrawals from LSF
Procedures for Transferring Material Shelved at the LSF to an On-Campus Library
Standard Procedure for Requesting Items Shelved at LSF be Permanently Returned to an On-Campus Location
(LSF Permanent Withdrawals)
1. An authorized staff member on-campus requests the item(s) that she/he wishes to have permanently withdrawn by placing a call-slip request.
2. Once the item (s) is/are delivered to the designated drop point, the permanent location, MFHD location, and item type should be changed by the appropriate on-campus staff to reflect the material's new shelving location.
3. Following the update of the Voyager record(s), the requestor generates a document in Notepad listing the barcode(s) for the item(s) she/he wishes to have withdrawn in a manner identical to that in the following illustration:
a. NB. The attachment will be named using the following convention: PWD_Unit Abbreviation_MMDDYY:
4. The requestor will then attach the Notepad document to an e-mail addressed in the following manner:
Subject Line: Request for Permanent Withdrawal
5. In the body of the e-mail, the requestor will use the following message: Please permanently withdraw the attached items from the LSF inventory. She/he will also include the following information:
a. Her/His full Name and job title
b. The Unit at which she/he works
c. The Unit on campus where the items will now be shelved
NB. Failure to format the subject line as described above, to address the request properly, or to supply other information as directed will result in a failure to fulfill the permanent withdrawal request.
6. Items will be permanently withdrawn from the LSF inventory within 24 hours of the posting of this request on SharePoint.
7. The requestor may access an electronic receipt for the withdrawal through the following link: http://resources.library.yale.edu/LSFReports/PermanentWithdraw.aspx .