For Yale Offices
Information Collection and Dissemination
The Yale University Archives seeks to collect the products of information collection and dissemination about the university and its activities, projects, programs, and affiliated individuals.
Examples of records of interest to the Archives, regardless of format:
- Biographical information about Yale-affiliated individuals
- Histories of projects, programs, and events associated with Yale
- Interviews with Yale-affiliated individuals
- Major speeches and statements about Yale or delivered at Yale
- Photographs and audio-visual resources
- Publications and websites (see Depositing Official Yale Publications)
- Statistical information about the university
Office of record
The Office of Public Affairs and the Office of Institutional Research maintain the record copy of documentation relating to information collection and dissemination. Other university units may hold the record copy of certain unique materials that they produce.