The new Quicksearch tool – now permanently located on the library's home page – unites several Yale Library resources under one search interface, including Orbis, the main Library catalog, and Morris, the Law Library catalog. The catalogs contain over 11.5 million books, pamphlets, scores, microforms, printed journals and other materials, and are united in the Books+ search in Quicksearch. The Articles+ search in Quicksearch will help you find online journal articles, online newspaper articles, online dissertations, as well as other electronic resources licensed by the library. A single keyword search in Quicksearch will return results from both Books+ and Articles+; more sources will be added in the future.
With Quicksearch, you can also:
- Build and share lists of print and online resources from Books+ and Articles+ using the Saved Lists feature.
- Request an item to be delivered to a library near you.
- Request a scan of the item.
- Build an RSS feed out of your search.
- Exclude records from your search.
- Search newly acquired material (up to 1 year).
- Export citations.
See the Quicksearch documentation site for more information on searching- plus a few introductory videos!