Yale students, faculty and staff are invited to the fourth annual Undergraduate Research Symposium hosted by the Yale Undergraduate Research Association (YURA) in the Sterling Memorial Library nave on Friday, Sept. 14, 2-4 p. m. Founded in 2015, YURA’s mission is to foster a community of undergraduate researchers at Yale and to connect students interested in doing research with mentors and other resources. This year’s symposium will feature 38 current Yale undergraduates presenting posters on their summer research projects.
Their topics include:
- Trusting Robots: Examining the Influence of Robotic Personality and Embodiment on Human Trust
- Species Delimitation in Mexican Mangosteens
- Longitudinal Study of Lifestyle Factors for Bone Fracture in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Understanding the Health Impacts of Agent Orange Exposure on Vietnam War Veterans.
- Natural Language Counting Using Non-Corpus Based Models for the Voynich Manuscript
- Characterizing the Ultraviolet Emission of M Dwarf Stars with Exoplanets
This event is open to the campus community only.