Yale University Library News

A 45 day trial access to Routledge’s South Asia Archive is now available to the Yale community

For the next 45 days (April 1, 2014 – May 15, 2014), all faculty, staff, and students on campus have free trial access to Routledge’s South Asia Archive. According to Routledge, content highlights include:

4.5 million pages of unique and rare primary and secondary source material; material dates ranging from 1700 through to 1953; 15% of documents are in vernacular languages (Bengali and Sanskrit only), the other 85% being in English; and there are over 1500 rare books. The digital collection contains 16 document types; government acts, books, calendars, catalogs, censuses, directories, gazette, journals, film pamphlets, legal documents, magazines, manuals, maps, proceedings, reports, and statistics.

Please note that document download is not possible on the free trial product, so you will need to use the Image Viewer to view the documents. Also you either need to be on campus or logged into the VPN to access this database.

Any questions or feedback about the resource can be directed to Sarah Calhoun, Librarian for South Asian Studies at: sarah.calhoun@yale.edu or (203) 432-7795.

External link: