Library staff are providing online services and support for Yale classes and research. All library buildings are closed. Read more.
Reports To: Catalog and Metadata Services (CMS) Richard Sarcia, Interim Head
Committee Charge: The Cataloging Coordinating Council (CCC) is charged with developing cataloging and catalog maintenance policies for Yale University Libraries including:
• standards and policies for records created in ORBIS to reflect various levels of cataloging and in-process status;
• standards and policies for records created in OCLC for downloading to ORBIS;
• policies for withdrawing/deleting/suppressing records in ORBIS and reporting to national utilities;
• standards and policies for maintaining online holdings;
• policies for maintaining local bibliographic and holdings information in ORBIS;
• advising the Chief Catalog Librarian on cataloging and database quality issues.
Fequency of Meetings: Monthly
Term of Service: Not fixed