Digital Collections Systems Advisory Group (DCSAG)
The Digital Collections Systems Advisory Group (DCSAG) will provide recommendations to the advisory group sponsors on behalf of library users (client and patron) of digital collections systems to fulfill the vision established by Digital Collections Access & Discovery System Committee:
In support of the Mission and Vision of Yale University Library, we will provide all users the means to discover, access, and re-use of all our digital collections, regardless of format, utilizing an intuitive and unified user experience.
We will use these guiding principles to accomplish our vision:
- Our digital collections platform will be interoperable, extensible and sustainable.
- Access and discovery to our digital collections will comply with international metadata, content and accessibility standards.
- All tools and interfaces will be designed according to the needs of our diverse users (including staff), libraries, and collection.
- We will provide ongoing, programmatic support for our digital collections services.
- We will provide collection access to the broadest possible audience while adhering to all of Yale’s policies, including copyright, privacy, and donor restrictions.
AUL and Director, Beinecke Rare Book Library: E.C. Schroeder
AUL, Arts and Humanities: Allen Townsend
Director, Manuscripts and Archives: Chris Weideman
Senior Director, Library Information Technology: Dale Hendrickson